Once spring arrives, many homeowners find themselves looking for wet basement solutions. Unfortunately, this is the time of year when basement wetness problems are at an all-time high. Between the melting winter snow and spring rains, leaking and flooding are of major concern for many people, and they look to a basement waterproofing contractor for help.
When choosing a waterproofing contractor for the basement solutions you need, you want to be sure that they can help you in a number of ways. No two basements are alike, and as a result, no two solutions should be, either. A good basement waterproofing company will treat your concerns on an individual basis and will provide solutions for your specific needs.
Basement Waterproofing, Inc. provides the waterproofing services you need.
At Basement Waterproofing, we never just offer customers a cookie-cutter solution. We consider the type of home you live in, the area you’re in, and the exact needs of your basement. We understand that your basement serves as your home’s foundation, and keeping it dry is vital to the structural integrity of your house, as well as the health of your family.
Four Issues a Wet Basement Can Cause
Until you’ve had to live with a wet basement, you don’t know all the problems that can occur. Aside from being uncomfortable and mucky (especially if the basement is unfinished), a whole host of other issues can stem from excessive basement dampness, including:
- Structural Damage: When wet for a prolonged period of time, wood can begin to deteriorate. “Wood rot” is a common concern in homes that are too damp and humid. Once the wood in your basement starts to break down, it can cause structural issues for the entire home.
- Mold & Mildew: A very common problem in homes with wet basements is the excessive growth of mold, mildew, and even some types of bacteria. This can cause damage to items stored in your basement and can raise some health concerns for you and your family.
- Unpleasant Odors: As we mentioned above, damp basements can harbor mold and bacteria, both of which can emit foul odors. Most homeowners keep their HVAC system in their basement, so that stinky air then gets circulated through your entire home.
- Destruction of Property: If your basement floods, you might find yourself dealing with unplanned expenses. Any equipment or appliances in your basement, such as furnaces, water heaters, washers, or driers, may need to be replaced. Not to mention, any valuables stored in your basement could be damaged or destroyed – and some of those items may be priceless.
Basement Waterproofing, Inc. is the waterproofing specialist you need.
We take great pride in offering our customers the best basement waterproofing services available. Learn more about the leaky basement solutions we offer our customers:
- Basement Wall & Foundation Repair: Our exterior bentonite injection method provides basement wall repair and strengthening without the need for outside excavation. Sodium bentonite is a type of absorbent clay that can hold many times its weight in moisture, making it the perfect compound for basement wall repair.
- Basement Mold Treatment: We use a specially formulated anti-mold spray on the entire surface of your basement upon the completion of every job. We’ll spray your basement for pathogens with our patented commercial spray that kills everything up to and including the H1N1 virus. We do this on every job, for every customer.
- Foundation Waterproofing: Our exterior bentonite injection method stops water from passing through your wall. Sodium bentonite is a natural substance that expands when wet and is able to absorb many times its dry mass in water, which makes it a useful sealant.
- Battery Backup Basement Pumps: You can depend on our SEC sump pump battery backup systems for the protection of your basement and all of the important items in it. These pumps are available for both one-third and one-half horsepower sump pumps.
- Humidity Control: We provide a system that will help reduce your basement humidity levels, leaving you with a more comfortable environment and improved air quality.
Worried about having a damp basement this spring? Call Basement Waterproofing today!
If you’re concerned that your basement may experience flooding this spring, or at any time, you should call Basement Waterproofing. We’ll help you find the exact solution for your needs. For your convenience, we’re fully staffed during normal working hours to answer your calls – call us at (800) 439-4951, and we’ll be glad to help.