Do you find yourself sneezing shortly after visiting your basement? If that sneezing is accompanied by other symptoms, like itching, having a runny nose, congestion and dry, scaling skin, then it’s likely you have an allergy to mold – and potentially, a problem with excess moisture in your cellar. According to the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA), indoor molds can cause a person to have allergy symptoms all year long, unlike outdoor molds, which more often contribute to seasonal allergies.
The AAFA says that mold spores enter your nose, where they cause rhinitis, or inflammation of the nose. When your nose is inflamed, it produces more mucus and is often itchy and stuffy. You’ll likely experience sneezing and coughing as well. When mold spores reach the lungs, they can trigger asthma. Some people have a reaction right away to mold spores, and others have delayed symptoms, like congestion or increasing asthma conditions. If your symptoms get worse when you’re in your basement, you probably have a mold problem.
Concerned about mold in your basement?
Call (800) 439-4951
Or click here for help:
People in Albany, Syracuse and Utica trust Basement Waterproofing, Inc. to solve their basement mold problems and to provide thorough mold removal. After BWI finishes any job, we want to make sure that any mold growth in your basement is stopped dead in its tracks, too. That’s why we use a specially formulated anti-mold spray on the entire surface of your basement upon the completion of every job. We’ll spray your basement for pathogens with our patented commercial spray that kills everything up to and including the H1N1 virus. We do this on every job, for every customer.
When you need basement mold treatment, let BWI talk to you about our SEC anti-mold spray. For your convenience we’re fully staffed during normal working hours to answer your calls – call us at (800) 439-4951, and we’ll be glad to help.