Household mold issues can be a nightmare for homeowners. It always seems to come back, no matter how hard you try. It’s smelly, ugly to look at and can cause health issues in those with allergies and respiratory issues. You can call in a company to get rid of the mold in your home for you. Unfortunately, if you’re not getting to the root of the problem it will just keep coming back.
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), mold is a part of the natural environment. Therefore, there isn’t much we can do about its existence. However, we can take some steps to prevent its growth. The organization offers 10 facts on mold – including the number one way to keep it at bay in your home.
Top Ten Mold Facts
- Mold does cause health problems, mostly for allergy sufferers, asthmatics and those with respiratory disease.
- As soon as you discover mold in your home, you should clean it up and eliminate moisture sources.
- Fix what’s causing leaks or water problems in your home.
- You can significantly reduce the humidity in your home by properly venting bathrooms and kitchens, using air conditioners and dehumidifiers and adding to your home’s ventilation.
- Clean up water spills as soon as possible.
- Clean up mold with water and detergent. Make sure the surface dries thoroughly.
- Add insulation where necessary to prevent condensation.
- Keep carpeting off surfaces where moisture is a problem.
- Mold can pretty much grow anywhere where moisture is present.
- Since mold is a natural part of the environment, there is no way to eliminate it completely. You can control it in your home by controlling moisture levels.
As you probably can guess, controlling moisture levels wherever possible is important. That’s why you should be on the lookout for leaks, moisture and condensation in your basement. If you have mold in your cellar, moisture is the likely culprit. Luckily, Basement Waterproofing, Inc. can help. We offer many different solutions for your basement moisture concerns. We’re pleased to offer:
- Foundation Waterproofing
- Basement Wall & Foundation Repair
- Battery Backup Basement Pumps
- Basement Mold Treatment
- Humidity Control
- Ways to Avoid a Flooded Basement
- Crawl Space Encapsulation
- Crawl Space Repair
Removing the mold in your home is one thing – preventing its return is another. When you need to get rid of mold – and the underlying problem – BWI can assist you. For your convenience, we’re fully staffed during normal working hours to answer your calls – call us at (800) 439-4951, and we’ll be glad to help.